Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Knitting Log for February 8

Garnet progress for February 8, 2005The Lavold Sweater
The dogs went to the groomer today. I celebrated the uninterrupted quiet by sitting down and knitting on Garnet.

The splitting Silky Tweed and I have made peace. I've learned that if I knit slower and more deliberately, I can avoid the splits. The yarn is beautiful when knit and worth a little extra attention.

I'm feeling much better about this project than when I wrote yesterday's post. It's going to be OK.

Socks
It feels strange not to have a pair of socks on the needles.

I did a little swatching on a shamrock lace pattern I though would look nice. It didn't. Moving on to Plan B for the Opal UNI-Solid green.

If the Opal Handpainted 14 arrives before I cast on the green, I'll probably knit the Handpainted first to make sure they're done by Son John's birthday in March. There is no hurry about knitting up the green now that I'm not going to be knitting shamrocks.

Six Sox KAL Socks
Now that I've had a week to ponder the fifth sock in the Six Sock Knitalong, I don't think I'm going to knit it. It's a great sock and a well written, challenging pattern. There are just too many other things I want to do more in February and March.

I've been feeling a bit blah the last few days. There's yarn in my stash for the KAL sock. I reserve the right to change my mind if the spirit moves me.

Cute Puppy Pictures
Kim at The Woolen Rabbit has newborn Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy pictures on her blog. Too cute to miss if you're a puppy lover.

Two of the puppies are very small and she's concerned about them. I keep checking her blog to see if there's news - or even better, there might be more puppy pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way your sweater is coming out.......the yarn looks lovely.

One of the puppy girls is doing really well, but the other one is still struggling....hopefully she is going to turn the corner soon. Thank you for your kind comments!

Enjoy working on your sweater, it is going to be lovely.