Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Jan's Old Shale Two Yarn Socks

Jan's Old Shale Two Yarn sock

Jan lives in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, where it's summertime.

She wrote on her knitting blog, Pass the Slipped Stitch Over:
"My tension is on the loose side,so I've done them on 2.75mm needles. For the rib under the turnback, I went down to 56 stitches for a snug fit and then back to 60 for the foot. Rib across foot is 4 plain, 1 purl. When it came to toe, I was going to do a star toe but didn't have directions with me, so have done standard decreases every second row.

I'm pleased with them but wish I had more sock wool choices available to me here. This is Patonyle which I would not choose if Heirloom Argyle or St Ives had a bigger range of colours."

Nice socks Jan. And I'm so jealous of that greenery and sunshine.

Heron on the frozen pondFor contrast, this is what I see out of my SW Michigan window.

Today and tomorrow it is drizzling and thawing. 37 F/3 C. The forecast for Friday is snow and very cold, 2 F/-17 C. Definitely not summertime.

The sun is not shining and only the evergreens are green.

The heron is standing on our partially frozen pond getting ready to ice fish through the hole. Since the pond is spring fed, it thaws from the bottom up. There are always places in the ice where the ice is very thin.

Behind the pond is a fast flowing creek. It never freezes. Usually the heron is fishing there and not so out in the open as he is here on the pond.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Yikes Jan! There seem to be disasters everywhere this winter. Guess I'll be thankful to deal with some cold weather and snow.