Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, December 10, 2004

On the Needles December 10

Blue Old Shale socks, one done and one startedOne blue Old Shale Two Yarn sock done and the pattern recorded in draft. Now I'm test knitting the pattern by knitting the second sock.

Usually I knit both socks at the same time to avoid SSS (Second Sock Syndrome). It takes a bit of will power to complete a sock and then knit another identical sock. It's not even OK to make the second sock a little better. It has to match the first or it won't be a pair.

I'm getting a new appreciation for knitters who write patterns with all the detail involved. It's hard work and it slows down the knitting.

Now I'm off for some fun with Granddaughter Kimmy. We'll do a movie, bake some cookies, and (shudder) go Christmas shopping at the mall so she can select a gift for her mother.

By the time I take her home on Saturday evening, I'll be exhausted but happy. She always brightens my life.

The dark blue beads for the Six Sock Knitalong have arrived. It's very tempting to get those socks started before finishing the blue Old Shale Two Yarn socks.

Thanks to a hint from list member Sheron, I now have a plan for incorporating some ribbing and keeping the beads in place on the smooth knitting. Will report in detail if it works.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: