Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

CIC Tally for 2004

Two vests for CIC, a green Cloverleaf Lace pattern and a blue Making Waves patternThis is the time of year when knitters on the Knitlist are posting lists of everything they've knit in 2004. Since I don't read the lists because I find them very boring, I hesitated to publish a list of my own - but only for a moment.

I'm not going to go back and count all the items I've knit this year, but I do keep track of my CIC knitting.

My goal for 2004 was a pair of CIC socks a month. Met! Total sock pairs sent to CIC this year is 16.

Another goal was to knit more CIC vests. After the first few they got very boring so I looked for ways to make them more interesting.

When I joined the Six Sock Knitalong, I challenged myself to use each pattern in a toddler vest for CIC. That has been fun. In this picture the green vest incorporates the Cloverleaf Lace pattern from the June/July knitalong. The blue vest uses the Making Waves pattern from the August/September knitalong.

The December/January knitalong pattern is a beaded sock. It will be a bit of a challenge to make a corresponding vest, but I have a few ideas. That vest will be number one done in 2005.

I knit and sent 9 vests to CIC in 2004.

At the end of my CIC list stands one lonely caregiver shawl knit using the Candle Flame Shawl pattern.

I share my list of CIC knitting in the hopes of inspiring myself and others to match it for 2005.

Here is a partial list of free sock patterns for children available on the internet, including my own Mini Basketweave Toddle Sock Pattern. Quick, easy take-along knitting projects to warm the feet of cold little orphans. How can you top that?

No comments: