Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Happy Birthday Bob and Frost

Happy Birthday Bob!!!
Love you, so we won't talk about how old you are today.


Baby it's cold outside
September in Michigan is usually very beautiful. Just a little bit of coolness in the evenings. Nice sunny days, the leaves barely starting to turn.

This September was cold. We had to turn the heat on. But this morning took the cake. October 2 - two weeks before the average SW Michigan first frost date - and there's ice on everything. It rained last night and then the temperature went down to thirty degrees.

When I took the dogs out for their morning walk the frozen grass was crunching under my feet. When I went to get into my car, the doors were frozen shut and I had to scrape the windshield. Yuk. What's next? Snow?

Shrinking Violet
Monday I wore a pair of size 10 slacks to work. I bought them about two months ago and have been trying them on every week waiting for the time when they looked decent enough (meaning not too tight) to wear out of the house.

Today I ordered four more pair of size 10 slacks. When they get here, I'm purging my closet of all my too-big slacks and I'll have something different to wear that fits for each day of the week. Feels good. Official Weight Watchers weight loss is at twenty-seven pounds.

No comments: